WATERPROOF INKJET SELF-ADHESIVE VINYL
This page has changed. Click Here for updated information.
Product Instructions and general information
This vinyl can be used outdoors without lamination.
- Recommended for Epson Durabrite Models such as C82 and 820
- may also work well and most other inkjet printers.
- Waterproof Inkjet Vinyl
|Media specifications |
|Type|| Waterproof Inkjet Vinyl|
|Sizes|| 8.5" X 11"|
|Printers|| All Inkjet printers. Printers that use UV resistant ink are recommended.|
|Color|| Matte white|
|Thickness|| 3.5 MIL|
|Adhesive||Removable but becomes permanent over time.|
|Outdoor Life|| Depends on ink used and/or over laminate.|
|Note:||For best results we recommend Epson printers that use "DuraBrite' Inks.|
- The most common question we receive about this media is:
- How can an inkjet media be waterproof if the ink itself is water-soluble ?
- The concept is similar to what happens if you spill fruit juice on white cotton fabric, such as a T-shirt. The dye molecules get trapped in the cotton fibers and cannot be removed easily using only a gentle stream of cold water. Sometimes warm water and soap will not even remove the stain.
Even though over lamination is not NEEDED we highly recommend it. We offer UV resistant fine mist spray and also waterproof self-adhesive laminate. But this auction is for the inkjet media only.
| For best results we strongly recommend Epson printers that use "Dura Brite" Inks. |
Want to make durable bumper stickers using an inkjet printer ? The best way is to start is by selecting the right "tool". This media gives professional and waterproof results when using an Epson Durabrite model/type Inkjet Printer.
What is Epson Durabrite ?
Epson (the printer manufacturer) makes many different types of printers. Anything from inexpensive desktop models up to expensive large format printers for professional use. In the line of "inexpensive" desktop printers Epson makes printers that use water resistant inks. These printers are identified by the "Durabrite" TM logo on the front. We have many customers that use this media together with Epson Durabrite printers to print out bumper stickers and other outdoor labels with great results.
I have a regular inkjet printer, Can I use this media? Yes but you should make tests before you start making labels for sale. We have had customers report good results using just regular "dye base ink" Inkjet printer. In most cases you will get satisfactorily results good enough for temporary (one week to 6 weeks) However if you use an Epson Durabrite TM type printer, you will be able to make much more durable labels.
- If you want to make durable outdoor stickers using "an inexpensive" desktop inkjet printer we strongly recommend you buy an Epson printer that uses "DuraBrite" TM inks. Not all models of Epson printer print using this type of ink, the models that do have the "Durabrite" logo no the front of the printer. However using just any regular inkjet printer (die based ink) will in most case give satisfactorily results.
- Disclaimer: We have tested our media in various personal inkjet printers with good results. The user of this paper/film must determine the suitability of this product before beginning production, using his equipment and method of application. The Sellers and Manufactures maximum obligation shall be to replace paper/film that has been found to be defective. Neither the manufacturer nor the seller shall be held liable for any injury, direct or consequential, arising out of the use of, or inability to use this paper/film.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the limitations of this media to fit your intended use the please call 940-627-0112 (9am to 5pm CST) before buying.
- Here is your change to try this excellent inkjet media.
Each pack will make two 4.25" X 11" or three 2.83" X 11" bumper sticker.
- Note that the whole sheet is one label, use regular paper cutter to cut to size.
For UV protection we recommend the LLA2000 for this media 12 OZ Aerosol can with fine mist spray nozzle
10 sheets Coated White Inkjet Waterproof Inkjet Vinyl Media
- Each sheet is 8.5" X 11" one label.
Using an over-laminate will greatly extend the life of the label; especially an over laminate with built in UV barrier.
* The outdoor life of an inkjet printed label depends on how resistant the ink is to UV light and if the label is laminated using either film or liquid laminate with or without UV barrier. The user of this media should make tests and determine the suitability of this media before beginning production by using own equipment and method of applications.
- For UV protection we recommend the LLA5000 for this media 12 OZ Aerosol Can with fine spray mist nozzle
Even though over lamination is not needed we highly recommend it. We offer UV resistant fine mist spray and also waterproof self-adhesive laminate. But this auction is for the inkjet media only.
|Shipping & Handling |
If you have any questions please call 940-627-0112 (9am to 5pm CST)
- Flat Rate
- In USA by Priority mail
Flat rate $4.65
- We accept PayPal for eBay sales
HYAZ, and Papilio are trademarks of HPS LLC Newark/ Rhome TX USA.
Lamination is recommenced for greatly extended life. 1) Copy/Print on to the coated side of the media using compatible Inkjet Printer.
|When you add product to shopping cart you will be transferred to our new e-commerce website |
- Pack of 10 sheets
- Permanent adhesive
- size 8.5' X 11"
DO NOT print with high resolution (or heavy ink deposit) as this may not work well an/or cause the color to run when you apply water to the vinyl.
2) To prevent a paper jam, make sure the vinyl is not bent or warped or corners folded BEFORE loading. Loading by hand ONE SHEET at the time (pressing/Ready) is a way to make sure it loads correctly.
3) Let the ink dry for at least 20 minutes.
4) To condition the vinyl label for outdoor use (after you print on it) flush the whole label with generous amount of water. This is done to prevent bleeding of the colors that can happen if the label gets only partly wet for the first time and the water stays on (does not run off)
5) When gluing a vinyl label to any surface, clean the substrate and remove residual grease, soot or dust.
6) It is not recommended (on larger labels) to remove all the back paper before installing. Itís better to remove the paper from a small area at one end first such as a 1/2" vertical strip at the left hand or right hardedge.
7) Line up your label. When the position looks correct, let the label make contact with the surface on the edge where you removed the back paper.
8) Now bend the label back and carefully remove the rest of the protective back paper, and glue the label down working from the end you glued first. Then work your way towards the other end holding that end away from the surface. You can use your finger or a sponge and only press down (glue) a small area each time to prevent trapping air bubbles. Do not use excessive pressure when working the label in this way because you may smudge the ink.
To make the label scratch resistant use over laminate. Make test before starting production for resale, using your equipment and method of printing.
Using over laminate is highly recommended and will greatly extend the life of the label if it is used outdoors.
NOTE: To extend UV resistance of Inkjet media HPS offers over laminate with built in UV barrier. When using self-adhesive media, note that any adhesive may become difficult to remove over time. If you want to use self adhesive media on automobiles or other items where you don't want the label to become permanent or difficult to remove after longtime, then we recommend our selection of media with removable adhesive.
General: If you are working with4.25" x 11" vinyl you can try removing all the backing material and then use the technique described above.
Waterproof White Matte Vinyl
WVF8511GW 10 sheets pack
Self Adhesive Vinyl
Most Desk Top
Type of Adhesive
Permanent. Removable 1-2 weeks.
Please take few minutes to read this general descriptions about our other paper products.
This may answer some questions you have and give you broader information about our products. If you are a arts and craft manufacturer you may find this most useful if you are looking for new creative ways to manufacture and market your art and craft products. For several years HPS has supplies small manufacturer with decal paper for wax candles, soaps, furniture, model replicas, also waterproof inkjet for organic shampoo bottles, clear ALPS printable self adhesive labels for vine bottles and so on. Many of our product are ideal for small manufacturing idea. We have several customers making an extra income using our media. We have customer that put wedding photos on large white oval candles. Small furniture manufacturer uses our PAS paper in their finishing process when applying finishing coat to children's furniture. Few custom makers of fishing rods also use our PAS paper. Then we have several companies in the restoration business also using our decal paper. One manufacturer uses our PAS paper to apply antique novelty graphics to glass wall hanging. Our PAS paper and the IAS paper is popular among hobbyist making anything from small replicas up to flying radio controlled model airplanes and race cars. Our PAS paper can also be used to place photos on porcelain plates and porcelain mugs or ceramic mug mugs. Also ideal for train HO scale and other miniature replicas. Also production metal tags and when using our liquid urethane the PAS decal can used on motorcycle gas tanks, helmets, skateboards, surf boards, and when. The possibilities are almost endless. If after reading this you still don't see exactly what you are looking for please feel free to call us. Inkjet Decal Paper. HPS manufacturers and sells inkjet waterslide decal paper for inkjet printers. We were the first company to manufacture pre coated decal paper. Now there are several companies offering similar product and few of them have besides imitating our product have even copied some of our instructions word for word. We also offer decal paper for laser printers. Another type of transfer paper is our PPF (Papilio Perga Flat) paper. It is a basic gummed transfer paper that can be used to make ceramic decals. This paper is also called decal transfer paper but is not pre coated with decal film as the IAS paper (Inkjet Aqua Slide) for inkjet printers. The IAS paper is ideal for the r/c hobby or radio controlled models as the film is fuel proof. The use of the PAS paper for radio controlled is an ideal way to customize your project.
- LASER Decal Paper. The PAS paper (Papilio Aqua Slide) is also a pre coated decal paper such as the IAS paper mentioned her above. You will use this paper for all the same reasons as the IAS paper. However the are few benefit and disadvantages to both this papers. The PAS paper is used only in Color laser printers that can handle this card stock. This paper is this 160 GSM or in other words it has the thickness of a greeting card stock. Therefore this paper can only be used in laser printers that have straight pathway through the printer and bypass tray. Once you have located printer that works with this paper this paper can be incorporated in numerous finishing techniques. The PAS paper is manufactured in two grades. PAS/2 and PAS/N. The difference between this two grades is the ability of the film to form to concaved convex object without wrinkling. The PAS paper is also thinner making it more ideal for use in professional applications, the only draw back it the PAS paper requires the use of expensive color laser printer where as the IAS paper can be used in any personal inkjet printer.
- Basic Water Slide Paper. (water slip) Paper or basic gummed transfer paper such as the PPF paper can also be used to make temporary tattoos. We offer two types of temporary tattoo paper the PTT and the ITT. The PTT (Papilio Temporary Tattoo) paper is ideal for use in laser printers that can handle this card stock. For use together with the our two types of temporary tattoo paper we have brand new of transfer adhesive that make the creation of temporary tattoos much easier that when using liquid glue. This new product is called TTA (Tattoo Transfer Adhesive and is sold in sheet form. The use of this transfer adhesive also eliminated the need for wax paper. This adhesive has two release liners. Out ITT paper (Inkjet Temporary Tattoo) paper can be use in in most or all desk top inkjet printers, such as Canon, HP Lexmark, an the new Epson photo series and other printers not mentioned here.
- Inkjet Printable Static Cling. One of our new product is the inkjet printable static cling. We begun coating static cling for inkjet printers in September 2002. The inkjet static cling opens un new interesting possibilities. Before making static cling labels was expensive as this had to be done by professional silkscreen printing shops. But now you can simply make your own static cling labels. We offer two types of static cling. Please keep in mind that this is TRUE static cling NO adhesive. The two types are clear and white. On the instruction sheet for the static cling you will find more info about the different applications for the clear and the white. If you are looking for removable label to put on the inside of an car window or glass door (or for similar application) please click here to go to the static cling instruction paper or follow link from the main instruction page.
- Magnetic paper. HPS is a main distributor of inkjet printable magnetic paper. Inkjet flexible magnetic. (magnetic media and film) We offer magnetic paper made in the USA. We convert and die cut the magnetic paper here in Texas. We offer at this time glossy quality photo finish paper. We also have water proof magnetic kit ideal for use in Epson photo (UV resistant ink printers) to make durable outdoor inkjet printable magnetic signs. We are main suppliers of this media to schools here in USA. We also ship overseas and we offer competitive rates with Federal Express to most countries.
- Glow In The Dark paper. One of our latest product is an inkjet Glow In The Dark paper (media). We offer Glow In The Dark self adhesive media. This media is coated in Texas by HPS and ideal for use in any inkjet desktop printer. Glow In The Dark in new interesting media. You can use this to make fun labels for kids and other novelty signs labels and so on. Beside our standard Glow In The Dark we can make (coat) also industrial standard high quality Glow In The Dark inkjet receptive labels that will glow for about 10 hours. All out Glow In The Dark media is non toxic and completely safe for kids and adults as well. This media might be a great addition for your arts and craft products.
- Waterproof Inkjet Vinyl. One of our most interesting new media is the waterproof white inkjet vinyl. This media is some times referred to as bumper sticker media but can of course be used to make any kind of white production labels where water resistance is important. This media can be use in any type of desktop inkjet printer. However the most important factor besides water tolerance when making outdoors stickers using an inkjet printer is the UV fastness (or resistance) of the in. Therefore we strongly recommend the Epson Photo inkjet printers. Please note that NOT all inkjet printers sold by Epson use the UV tolerant ink sot if you are considering buying an Epson printer fort this kind of application inquire about the type of ink the printer uses. Other printer manufacturers also offer inkjet printers that print using UV resistant ink such as Hewlett Packard and others.
- Clear Inkjet Vinyl. Here we have yet another great media that prints great in ANY inkjet desktop media. The cleat inkjet vinyl we offer when this is written in November 2002 in matte and the adhesive is slightly opaque. This media is great wherever you need inkjet printed label on clear base stock. Please keep in made that this media is not waterproof. However you can spray this label stock using clear spray. We recommend Krylon Crystal clear acrylic spray available in Wal-Mart or similar product (Rust Oleum) from Home Depot. We will soon or in the beginning of 2003 offer two new types of clear self adhesive inkjet media. Glossy clear inkjet self-adhesive inkjet vinyl and clear ultra low peel cling tack media.
- Clear Cling Tack. We will soon offer ultra low peel glossy clear inkjet self-adhesive media. Ultra low peel cling tack media is a media that you can peel and stick over and over again. This media will leave no adhesive behind and can be used over and over again. This media is ideal for to print temporary announcements to put in clear view in office buildings and conference rooms/halls and hotels where adhesive tape may not be used.
- Holographic film. We use the word holographic about new colorful inkjet media that reflect rainbow of colors. This media does not actually produce any holographic effect but this word "HOLOGRAPHIC" is the word used when describing film that reflect the whole color spectrum deepening on the angel of the light reflections. Most often this type of media has silver color (metallic shine) as the basic color but the reflect all other colored when viewed from different angles. This media often comes in different patterns, such as fine dots, line or other irregular shape patterns that further enhances the reflection of different colors. So in few words; this media does not make and 3-D effect but will make most colorful and interesting label after you finish printing onto is in your inkjet printer.
- Satin Gloss. Satin gloss self adhesive photo quality paper. With the explosive popularity of digital cameras and great improvements in picture quality together with improve print quality of today's inkjet printers, we have realize that there is growing demand for photo quality paper that has excellent photo quality and is also "peel n stick" without costing a fortune. Our satin gloss photo self adhesive is becoming one of our most popular item. Simply print peel and stick. And it is also reasonable priced. You may incorporate this quality media into you art and craft business to make professional sticker and labels. This is a ideal "Do It You Self" Media. No need for laminator of messy glue that sometimes bleed through the paper and or ov3er time mess up the image by reacting with the ink.
- Photo Glossy Film. Great media for glossy photo finish. This is also a self adhesive media. Ideal media to for anyone that loves to take photos using digital camera. You can print you photographs out is great details. Whether you use one of the new mega pixel digital cameras or more traditional SLR camera. Once you are ready to print out you creations this will be an ideal media.
- Gold and Silver inkjet media. This media is not to be confused with our gold transfer foil. This is a self adhesive inkjet receptive shiny gold and silver polyester. This is great media for making diploma- placards. Making awards and other placard that you want to look like it was silk screen printed onto metal. This media also works using doming resin.
- Inkjet Transparency. Ideal for teachers and business applications when using overhead projectors. We also stock transparency or PET film with adhesive.
- Most of our media is available in 8.5" X 11" and 11" X 17" In many cases we can also cut our media to other larger or smaller sizes.
- If you don't see the inkjet media you are looking for listed here please call us at 940-627-0112 10 am to 4 pm central time.
- For other "How to" questions please read our FAQ.Disclaimer: The user of our media must determine the suitability of each product before beginning production, using his equipment and method of application. The Sellers and Manufactures maximum obligation shall be to replace paper/film that has been found to be defective. Neither the manufacturer nor the seller shall be held liable for any injury, direct or consequential, arising out of the use of, or inability to use our paper or film.